As the new Sharpnet strategy is being put in place. I will do the harduous task of documenting all the steps involved in the new backup strategy adopted to protect our asset (the server data).
After a few brainstorm followed by a few restful nights, I have arrived to the following strategy:-
- Remove all unnecessary content from the websites hosted on the server
- Backup the appliance (using pleskbackup)
- FTP the content of every website monthly
- Rsync the httpdocs of every website daily
- Rsync the content of the most important databases, daily, on a sever days rolling backup
- Backup the most important databases weekly and keep them for as long as possible.
This is the plan.
Watch this space…