AOL and emails not getting through

Okay, this problem always seems to happen every time I move to a new server, so if I document it I might actually get it sorted before it starts happening

My server cannot send emails to AOL. The problems comes from the fact that the IP address seen by AOL when receiving emails is apparently xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (obfuscated to protect address, throughout this post)

I use the instructions from this URL:

http://postmaster.aol.com/Postmaster.Troubleshooting.html#vrfIP

and the email I get back from AOL using webmail on my dedi is:

Your connecting IP is: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Please visit our web page at: http://postmaster.aol.com for more information about AOL Email Policies and methods to fix delivery issues.

Postmaster Group
America Online, Inc.

If I test this IP on this page:

http://postmaster.aol.com/cgi-bin/plugh/rdns.pl

I get an error

Here is the email I receive on my AOL email address (after several hours and having added the sender’s email address in my list of contacts, as AOL seems to tell to do that):

Return-Path:
Received: from mtain-mb03.r1000.mx.aol.com (mtain-mb03.r1000.mx.aol.com [1x2.x9.96.x3]) by air-mc04.mail.aol.com (v127_r1.1) with ESMTP id MAILINMC042-a9304b7dd0981d4; Thu, 18 Feb 2010 18:43:20 -0500
Received: from srv–.——-.co.uk (unknown [92.xx.69.187])
by mtain-mb03.r1000.mx.aol.com (Internet Inbound) with ESMTP id C6E7B3800009A
for ; Thu, 18 Feb 2010 18:43:04 -0500 (EST)
Received: (qmail 18299 invoked by uid 48); 18 Feb 2010 18:46:36 +0000
Received: from —–.gotadsl.co.uk (—–.gotadsl.co.uk
[213.xxx.112.119]) by webmail.pastelpals.co.uk (Horde MIME library) with
HTTP; Thu, 18 Feb 2010 18:46:36 +0000
Message-ID: <20100218184636.8cd1edr640og0gcg@webmail.pastelpals.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 18:46:36 +0000
From: —–@—–.co.uk
To: —–@aol.com
Subject: TEST
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset=ISO-8859-1;
DelSp=”Yes”;
format=”flowed”
Content-Disposition: inline
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
User-Agent: Internet Messaging Program (IMP) H3 (4.1.6)
x-aol-sid: 3039ac1d60174b7dd0884a98
X-AOL-IP: 92.xx.69.187
X-Mailer: Unknown (No Version)
X-Length: 1203
X-UID: 24645412

As one can see, the IP AOL sees (92.xx.69.187) is not the IP of the sending Server (92.xx.68.118)

I have still got a ticket opened with the DC regarding this…

Tbc…